Research Proposal Example on the Evaluation of the Success and Failure of NGO-financed Healthcare Projects in Africa
By healthcare we mean treatment and management of diseases, and the safeguarding health through services provided by medical, dental, pharmaceutical, clinical laboratories, nursing, and associated health professionals. Health care helps promotion of better health through preventive, curative and calming interventions. A healthcare provider may be a person or organization providing facilities and services to individuals who need such services.. As such this provider could be the government, the health care industry itself, health care equipment companies and institutions like hospitals or medical laboratories. Healthcare professionals may include chiropractors, dentists, support staff, nurses, psychologists, physicians, pharmacists and optometrists (Heathcare, 2009).
The healthcare industry includes various sectors like the NGOs dedicated to provision of services as well as products for improving health of people. This healthcare industry also incorporates health care equipment along with services, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and even life sciences. The respective sectors are:
· hospitals and clinics
· drug delivery and manufacturing
· diagnostic substances
· diagnostic laboratories
· medical equipments
Healthcare systems with their projects are intended on meeting target populations’ healthcare needs. There are many health care systems around the world. Healthcare systems in several countries like in Africa have evolved and not been planned. In yet others an intensive efforts have been made by various organisations apart from the government like trade unions and other coordinated bodies to provide planned health care services to populations (Health care systems, 2002).
In this research, the background, context and theme of the study are presented. Moreover, the objectives of the study and the research statements are formulated. Here, vital concepts, questions and assumptions are stated.
The dissertation will focus the literature materials concerning the success and failure of NGO-financed healthcare projects in Africa. The research will also tackle the issues of healthcare’s improvement and direct implication the healthcare needs of the people of Africa. Moreover, the researcher aims to review the different variables concerning the role played by NGOs in providing healthcare services among poor people of Africa. Moreover, the aims and objectives of this dissertation are the following:
- To identify the variables affecting to the progress of healthcare in Africa.
- To determine the effect of NGO-financed healthcare projects to the progress and development of healthcare industry in Africa.
- Analysing the value of effective efforts of NGO-financed healthcare projects in helping the citizen of Africa.
- To assess the current stance of NGO-financed healthcare projects in Africa.
- To suggest suitable strategies for enhancing the progress and growth of healthcare systems in accordance to the healthcare projects in Africa.
In accordance to the given research objectives, the following research questions should be answered:
- What are the variables affecting the progress of healthcare in Africa?
- What is the effect of NGO-financed healthcare projects to the progress and development of healthcare industry in Africa?
- Is the effort of NGO-financed healthcare projects in helping the citizen of Africa effective?
- What is the current stance of NGO-financed healthcare projects in Africa?
- Are there any suitable strategies for enhancing the progress and growth of healthcare systems in accordance to the healthcare projects in Africa?
This paper will be based on qualitative research method. There are factors which stand to achieve from the use of qualitative research inquisition. Basically, researchers gain not only because of increased ease of use to pre-existing viewpoint and the contextually responsive nature of methodologies such as life history, but also for the reason that qualitative research methodology helps researchers address the "singularity of values" so ubiquitous in past research efforts and understand the nature of "intercontextual work (Saunders, Lewis, & Thornhill, 2003).
Health care systems . (2002). Encyclopedia - The Free Encyclopedia. [Online] Available at: http://encyclopedia/Health_care_systems [Accessed 08 July 2010]
Heathcare. (2009). CurryGuide [Online] Available at: http://www.curryguide.com/topic/110/Healthcare [Accessed 08 July 2010].
Saunders, M., Lewis, P. and Thornhill, A. (2003). Research Methods for Business Students (3rd Ed.). London: Prentice Hall.